1.2.2-2 MFI Part 2
SLMTA 3 E-Learning Course Download Video
This activity introduces participants to the Model for improvement – a structured approach to achieving rapid and significant improvements through small tests of change. Participants will get an opportunity to practice the model by addressing a typical management issue.
The MFI cycle is a very powerful trial-and-learn tool.
Appropriate measures must be used to assess the impact of improvement efforts.
Creation of a learning organization instates improvement as a way of life.
Improvement is continuous and cyclic.
Describe the MFI cycle, noting how to implement each step?
Expound on each of the four phases of the cycle:
Apply the improvement model to routine laboratory issues?
- Handout 1: The Model for Improvement (XC 04)
- Handout 2: Using Metrics for Improvement (XC 05)
- Handout 3: Tools for Analysis (XC 06)
- Handout 4: Using Change Concepts for Improvement (XC 07)
- Handout 5: Data for Sample Rejection (XC 08)
- Homework: Reading Assignment Quiz
- Worksheet 2: Quality Improvement Project Plan (XC 11)
- Worksheet 3: Sample Rejection Quality Improvement Project Plan (XC 12)
- Tool 1 Selecting Improvement Projects
Elde Mel Paladar
Mr. Paladar led the redesign of the classroom-based SLMTA 3 curriculum for on-line delivery and will serve as an instructor and facilitator of the e-learning course. Based in Malawi, he is a Project Manager at Adventist Health International, as well as Assistant Professor at the Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Loma Linda University. Mr. Paladar has a Master of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. He is a SLMTA master trainer and has trained numerous laboratorians in the past decade.