3.3.3-2 Customer Service Role Play
SLMTA 3 E-Learning Course Download Video
The laboratory is a service organization and its primary reason for existence is to care for patients. In this activity, following sensitization to the patient’s perspective, participants are provided tools for developing a customer friendly laboratory.
- Patient care is why laboratories exist. Laboratorians must strive to ensure the quality of services.
- The extent to which customer expectations are met or not must be determined by querying.
- Customer satisfaction data will be critical to improve laboratory service.
- Perceive the patient’s point of view?
- Use the tools provided to assess customer satisfaction?
- Use the tools provided to improve customer service?
Beatrice van der Puije
Ms. van der Puije helped redesign the classroom-based SLMTA 3 curriculum for on-line delivery and will serve as an instructor and facilitator of the e-learning course. Based in Ghana, Ms. van der Puije is a Public Health Program Manager at African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM), a pan-African organisation strengthening medical laboratory networks and systems in Africa. Ms. van der Puije is a certified QMS Trainer, with a Master of Science Degree in Medical Immunology and Microbiology. She is a SLMTA master trainer and has trained numerous laboratorians in the past decade.