2.1.2-2 Training Plan
SLMTA 3 E-Learning Course Download Video
A competency assessment program should efficiently assess and document the competency of the laboratory staff.
In this activity, participants will perform a desk review of a laboratory’s competency assessment program for the examination phase.
- Assuring the quality of the testing process relies on all the inputs. As a key input into this process, laboratory staff must be assessed for their competency to ensure a quality output – accurate & reliable testing information.
- Laboratory managers must assure staff competency prior to authorizing the staff to perform testing. Competency must be validated routinely and documented in the personnel file.
- Reviewing competency includes reviewing safety practices in all aspects of testing.
- Use patient satisfaction information to assess the training and competency assessment programs.
- Assess the competency of individual staff as they are observed performing a procedure?
- Develop & implement a training and competency assessment program that meets the needs and requirements of the customer?
Elde Mel Paladar
Mr. Paladar led the redesign of the classroom-based SLMTA 3 curriculum for on-line delivery and will serve as an instructor and facilitator of the e-learning course. Based in Malawi, he is a Project Manager at Adventist Health International, as well as Assistant Professor at the Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Loma Linda University. Mr. Paladar has a Master of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. He is a SLMTA master trainer and has trained numerous laboratorians in the past decade.