2.1.3-3 Introduce the Activity Part 2
SLMTA 3 E-Learning Course Download Video
Managing human resources requires documentation and organization of employee information, education, work history, training, and performance data. In this activity, participants review the Personnel File Management Process which is responsible for managing all this information.
- Personnel files provide an organized record of work-related information.
- Documentation in the laboratory extends to human resource issues including performance, competency, education, training, etc.
- The personnel files are confidential and require secure storage.
- Identify items that belong in a personnel file?
- Suggest a process step where the record is created?
- Create a process model for the Personnel File Management Process?
Elde Mel Paladar
Mr. Paladar led the redesign of the classroom-based SLMTA 3 curriculum for on-line delivery and will serve as an instructor and facilitator of the e-learning course. Based in Malawi, he is a Project Manager at Adventist Health International, as well as Assistant Professor at the Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Loma Linda University. Mr. Paladar has a Master of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. He is a SLMTA master trainer and has trained numerous laboratorians in the past decade.