2.2.5-3 Demonstration 2-Blood Splatter
SLMTA 3 E-Learning Course Download Video
Safety concerns may be overlooked in the bustle of day-to-day laboratory activities. Two interactive and light-hearted demonstrations sensitize participants to the importance of safety.
- Laboratory Safety affects all the key stakeholders:
- The patient, affecting his/her direct safety, plus the safety and integrity of the patient’s sample
- The individual laboratorian, and the entire laboratory & hospital staff
- The community-at-large
- Laboratory Safety is everyone’s concern … and everyone’s responsibility!
Aerosols are a significant reason for laboratory staff infections.
- Think of and become sensitized to improper safety practices in all daily laboratory routines?
- Create a safe environment for laboratorians, patients, and the community?