2.3.3-4 Inventory card
SLMTA 3 E-Learning Course Download Video
A laboratory must have a process developed to inspect the quality and quantity of reagents and supplies before they are placed into storage or use. In this activity, participants compare the purchasing document with the shipping invoice and the items received. In addition to the receipt inspection, participants learn to place and submit orders properly, maintain proper inventory records, track orders placed, and resolve discrepancies.
- The laboratory must have a process to inspect the quality and quantity of reagents and supplies before they are placed into storage or use.
- The order request must be compared and reconciled with the shipping invoice and the items received.
- Any discrepancies or issues encountered during the receipt of inventory inspection must be addressed and documented.
- Compare the order request with the shipping invoice and the items received?
- Identify discrepancies and issues during the receipt of inventory inspection?
- Suggest follow-through actions to resolve discrepancies and issues?
- Update inventory records?
Elde Mel Paladar
Mr. Paladar led the redesign of the classroom-based SLMTA 3 curriculum for on-line delivery and will serve as an instructor and facilitator of the e-learning course. Based in Malawi, he is a Project Manager at Adventist Health International, as well as Assistant Professor at the Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Loma Linda University. Mr. Paladar has a Master of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. He is a SLMTA master trainer and has trained numerous laboratorians in the past decade.