2.4.2-3 Elements of logs
SLMTA 3 E-Learning Course Download Video
Instrument logs must be available to record proper equipment maintenance and quality control (QC). Using the provided Handouts and Job Aids, participants will learn to manage laboratory’s documents and records.
- Records must be created to document the equipment’s scheduled tasks.
- The operator’s manual is a resource for either manufacturer’s suggested templates or information to create and/or modify existing templates.
- The record formats must support the specific laboratory processes used at the site for all equipment.
- Manage equipment documents and records?
- Recognize elements of a record necessary to fully document the completion of scheduled tasks?
Elde Mel Paladar
Mr. Paladar led the redesign of the classroom-based SLMTA 3 curriculum for on-line delivery and will serve as an instructor and facilitator of the e-learning course. Based in Malawi, he is a Project Manager at Adventist Health International, as well as Assistant Professor at the Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Loma Linda University. Mr. Paladar has a Master of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. He is a SLMTA master trainer and has trained numerous laboratorians in the past decade.