4.1.4-8 Aggregate data analysis
Illuminating the Path to ISO 15189 (SLMTA 3) e-Learning Course Download Video
In this session, participants learn how to categorize individual NCEs to determine the appropriate action to be taken based on risk analysis.
Participants also learn how to index and sort the event information in an occurrence log so that systematic trend and pattern recognition can be performed periodically to identify underlying process problems.
- The NCE log indexes the individual events into similar groupings that can be used to detect patterns and trends.
- To utilize the NCE log effectively for aggregate analysis, the log must be kept up-to-date.
- Risk analysis is used to characterize the NCE and determine the next course of action.
- Describe how to analyze risk to characterize the NCE and determine the next course of action?
- Describe how-to perform periodic sorting using an electronic spreadsheet?
- Handout 1: Procedure Excerpt (4-07)
- Handout 2: Sort and Review (4-08)
- Worksheet: NCE Case Studies (4-09)
- Job Aid 1: Risk-based Scoring (4-10)
- Job Aid 2: Appropriateness Criteria (4-11)
- Job Aid 3: Performing an NCE Investigation (4-12)
- Job Aid 4: Log Analysis (4-13)
- Job Aid: NCE Report Form Example
- Worksheet: Risky Relationships (New)
- 4-05 - Tool 1_Example Management Log
Elde Mel Paladar
Mr. Paladar led the redesign of the classroom-based SLMTA 3 curriculum for on-line delivery and will serve as an instructor and facilitator of the e-learning course. Based in Malawi, he is a Project Manager at Adventist Health International, as well as Assistant Professor at the Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Loma Linda University. Mr. Paladar has a Master of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. He is a SLMTA master trainer and has trained numerous laboratorians in the past decade.