4.3-2 Review of Requirements
Illuminating the Path to ISO 15189 (SLMTA 3) e-Learning Course Download Video
Management Review (MR) of the QMS is a process by which top management conducts regular, systematic evaluations of the suitability, adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the QMS with respect to the quality policy and objectives.
MR provides the cornerstone for the laboratory’s strategic planning. In this activity, participants perform an evaluation of a laboratory’s QMS for planning and improvement purposes, and then make decisions based on their evaluation.
- Management review is the process that completes the laboratory’s PDCA cycle for the QMS.
- The laboratory's top management needs to allocate resources to solve the problems highlighted in the quality report.
- Data is the driver of a continual improvement process.
- Understand the management review process?
- Identify underlying causes when analyzing a quality report and review minutes?
- Recognize that recommended changes are based on the evaluation of data?
Ms. Scholtz helped redesign the classroom-based SLMTA 3 curriculum for on-line delivery and will serve as an instructor and facilitator of the e-learning course. Ms. Scholtz is a Quality Manager, Regional Western and Northern Cape, at National Health Laboratory Services (NHLS), South Africa. She is a certified auditor for The South African National Accreditation System (SANAS). Ms. Scholtz has a Medical diploma in Biomedical Technology. She is a SLMTA master trainer and has trained numerous laboratorians in the past decade.