Bomu Hospital Laboratory, Kenya
Left: Mr John Kamau, the Ag CEO of KENAS ; Right: Dr Aabid Ahmed, CEO, Bomu Hospital
- What was the hardest thing to do in order to get accredited?
Training all staff on understanding and implementation of ISO 15189:2012
- What was the easiest?
- QMS documentation as per 15189:2012
- Staff teamwork towards implementation of developed QMS as per 15189:2012
- What was the most important contributing factor to getting accredited?
- Top management support
- Development and implementation of policies, procedures and forms as per 15189:2012
- Staff team work on implementation of QMS
- What steps did you take?
- Regularly audited the QMS for compliance
- Conducted and monitored corrective action and preventive action for identified non-conformities
- What were the biggest mistakes you made?
Initially putting more emphasis on SLIPTA than ISO 15189
- What is the best advice you can give to others?
Ensure that all policies and procedures fulfill the requirements of ISO 15189 and show evidence of implementation