4.1.2-3 Detect, Document Steps
Illuminating the Path to ISO 15189 (SLMTA 3) e-Learning Course Download Video
In this session, participants determine the sequence and interaction of processes needed to identify and effectively control non-conformities in their own laboratories.
- Risk assessment enables management to match the impact of the problem with the appropriate solution.
- Each NCE must be investigated to determine the risk and the appropriate action to be taken.
- Aggregate analysis, comprised of previously investigated and addressed individual NCEs, is used to look for patterns and trends.
- Map the individual NCE process?
- Map the processes involved with an NCE management program?
- Understand the role risk assessment plays in an NCE management program?
Elde Mel Paladar
Mr. Paladar led the redesign of the classroom-based SLMTA 3 curriculum for on-line delivery and will serve as an instructor and facilitator of the e-learning course. Based in Malawi, he is a Project Manager at Adventist Health International, as well as Assistant Professor at the Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Loma Linda University. Mr. Paladar has a Master of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. He is a SLMTA master trainer and has trained numerous laboratorians in the past decade.